Craving orange chicken but don’t want the extra carbohydrates and high fat from the traditional breaded and deep-fried orange chicken? Make your own at home with just a few simple ingredients!
Interested in learning about why you should count carbs when living with type 2 diabetes? Check out this article!
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs (8)
- Clementine oranges (2)
- San-J Orange Sauce (4 Tbsp)
- Broccoli (2 cups chopped)
Makes 4 Servings
- Place 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs and 4 tablespoons of San-J Orange Sauce into a gallon zip-lock bag. Seal bag and refrigerate for 30min-2 hours to marinate chicken.
- Peel 2 clementine oranges and set aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water and steam broccoli for 5 min.
- Add chicken thighs, marinade from zip lock bag, and slices from one clementine to a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken 2-3 min per side or until completely cooked. Stir frequently to cook orange slices and ensure the marinade does not burn.
- Place 2 chicken thighs and ½ cup of steamed broccoli per serving on a plate. Add slices from the second clementine for decoration and extra flavor.
- Drizzle remaining marinade over orange chicken before eating.
- calories: 443
- carbohydrates: 14.5g
- fat: 28.2g
- fiber: 1.7g
- protein: 35.8g
- saturated fat: 8g
- sodium: 350mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?