This recipe is quick and easy to prepare. It is a little high in sodium. You can skip the additional salt and use low sodium chicken broth if you want/need to lower it. Typically I worry a little less about the amount of carb in my dinner meal. This one is just a bit higher than my usual (51g – 3g (fibre) = 48g) but worth it once in a while!
Serving size = 1/2 cup
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium sweet green pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray 1.5 quart casserole dish with Pam.
- Heat canola oil in skillet, add onion, garlic and green pepper, cook until soft.
- Stir in uncooked rice and cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add butter, salt, curry and raisins, cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer all to the casserole dish.
- Pour In chicken broth, stir, cover and bake for 1 hour.