This recipe is quick and easy to prepare. It is a little high in sodium. You can skip the additional salt and use low sodium chicken broth if you want/need to lower it. Typically I worry a little less about the amount of carb in my dinner meal. This one is just a bit higher than my usual (51g - 3g (fibre) = 48g) but worth it once in a while!
Serving size = 1/2 cup
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium sweet green pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray 1.5 quart casserole dish with Pam.
- Heat canola oil in skillet, add onion, garlic and green pepper, cook until soft.
- Stir in uncooked rice and cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add butter, salt, curry and raisins, cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer all to the casserole dish.
- Pour In chicken broth, stir, cover and bake for 1 hour.
- calories: 317
- carbohydrates: 51g
- cholesterol: 10mg
- fat: 11g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 5g
- saturated fat: 2.5g
- sodium: 782mg
- sugars: 9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?