Crustless Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Craving pizza but don't want all the carbs? This delicious and satisfying recipe combines all the sweet and savory flavors of barbecue chicken pizza covered in gooey cheese, without the crust!
- 4 (6oz) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- red pepper flakes, optional for heat
- Preheat oven to 400'F.
- Butterfly chicken breasts by slicing in half parallel to the cutting board, being careful not to cut all the way through. Keep the edge of the chicken breast intact then "open" the chicken breast like a magazine, laying out each side flat.
- Cover butterflied chicken breasts with plastic wrap and pound gently with a meat mallet.
- Lightly salt pounded chicken and place it on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in 400'F oven for 8-10 min. Flip chicken over and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and spread 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce on each chicken "pizza". Top with onion, bell pepper and 2 tablespoons of jack cheese and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve chicken pizzas hot with a garnish of fresh cilantro and optional red pepper flakes.
- calories: 286
- calories from fat: 55
- cholesterol: 123mg
- potassium: 123mg
- protein: 41.1g
- saturated fat: 2.9g
- sodium: 446mg
- sugars: 16.9g
- total carbohydrates: 14.7g
- total fat: 6.1g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?