Crockpot Southwest Chicken
Easy to make, warm, and delicious? What more could you want from this one-pot meal! Throw the ingredients in the crockpot and forget about it until dinner time.
Beans and corn contain carbohydrates and if you want to decrease them in your recipe, go for it! But they are good sources of fiber and add great texture and flavor. When living with type 2 diabetes it is important to always tailor your meals to work best for you that day. Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings
Serving Size: ~1 cup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 hours
Ingredients for crockpot southwest chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of mild green chiles
- 1 can drained black beans
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
Directions for crockpot southwest chicken
- Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.
- In a bowl, put all of the other ingredients together and mix well. Pour over the chicken.
- Cook for 2-3 hours on high, or 4-6 hours on low, or until chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 10 minutes prior to eating, pull chicken from pot and shred with two forks. Place back into the pot and stir well.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 247
- carbohydrate: 21g
- fat: 3.2g
- fiber: 7g
- potassium: 665mg
- protein: 32g
- sodium: 276mg
- sugar: 3.9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How often do you or someone else examine your feet?