Crispy Chickpea Cauliflower Bites
Any vegetable that’s cooked crispy, with oil, herbs, and a little salt, and it’s going taste great! These crispy chickpea cauliflower bites can replace fries or chips to give you that satisfying crunch while still being healthy. Cauliflower has cancer-protective plant compounds. It’s also tasty in dishes like rice cauliflower, cauliflower pizza, and even cauliflower tortillas.
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes + 30 minutes resting
Cook time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for crispy chickpea cauliflower bites
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 1/3 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or low-fat milk of choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika or cumin (per your taste preference)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast (optional)
Directions for crispy chickpea cauliflower bites
- In a medium bowl, whisk chickpea flour, almond milk, spices, and olive until smooth (whisk vigorously to break up any clumps). Let mixture rest for 30 minutes, until thickened (it should be the consistency of pancake batter or heavy cream).
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. In a large bowl, mix chickpea flour batter with cauliflower florets until cauliflower is well-coated.
- Place cauliflower pieces on a lined baking tray, at least 1” apart. Sprinkle with optional parmesan or nutritional yeast.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cauliflower is tender and crispy.
- calories: 110
- carbohydrate: 13g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 4g
- potassium: 547mg
- protein: 5g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 390mg
- sugar: 4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?