Cranberry Orange Relish Sauce
It is easy to make fresh cranberry sauce. In this recipe I replaced the sugar with granulated sugar substitute and added unflavored gelatin to help it set up. Once again the Diabetes-Compatible version is as good as or better than the original.
- 1 - 12 ounce package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar substitute
- ½ cup TROP 50 orange juice
- ½ cup water
- ½ package unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 1 medium orange
- Bring water, juice and granulated sugar substitute to a boil.
- Add the cranberries and gelatin. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool and refrigerate for two hours.
- Zest the orange, peel and cut into small segments. Add the orange, zest and the toasted nuts to the cranberries.
- Put into a beautiful dish and refrigerate until ready to use.
Per 221g serving (serves 4)
- calories: 170
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 5.8g
- potassium: 270mg
- protein: 7.5g
- saturated fat: 0.5g
- sodium: 11mg
- sugars: 7.9g
- total carbohydrates: 17.5g
- total fat: 9.4g
- trans fat: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?