If you're a chocolate lover this recipe is sure to fulfill your craving without the guilt! This recipe is easy to make and is perfect for when you need breakfast in a hurry. For additional protein, add a hard-boiled egg on the side or a handful of almonds.
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 oz almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
- 1 tsp cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet of Splenda
- Combine all ingredient in a small bowl
- Mix ingredient together until oats are well coated with cocoa
- Heat mixture in microwave for approximately 1 minute
- calories: 90
- carbohydrates: 16g
- fat: 2g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 3g
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?