Chicken Beans Cilantro Tacos
This recipe is for one taco, though you can make however many that you desire based on your carbohydrate needs.
- 1 hard taco shell
- 1 sprig cilantro
- 1 tbs. kidney beans
- 1 tsp. salsa
- 1/2 cooked chicken breast, diced.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
Makes 1 serving (1 shell)
- In a small pan, coat bottom with olive oil and heat.
- Add chicken breast to the heated pan and cook until both sides are browned (approx. 10 min.)
- Once the chicken has cooled for 3-5 minutes, cut and dice half of the chicken breast. If you are making more than one taco, fry and dice the appropriate amount of chicken for the amount of tacos you are making.
- Add the diced chicken to your taco shell, then add kidney beans, salsa and cilantro.
- calories: 207
- carbohydrates: 21.1g
- cholesterol: 36mg
- dietary fiber: 3g
- fat: 5.9g
- potassium: 447mg
- protein: 16.2g
- saturated fat: 0.9g
- sodium: 145mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?