Cilantro Chicken Burrito Bowls
This burrito bowl is flavorful and fresh and so easy to assemble you can make more for lunches later in the week.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon Light Agave Nectar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 cup Sprouted Brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Salsa
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- In a saucepan prepare sprouted rice as per package instructions. Typically 1 cup rice to 2 cups water. Cook and set aside.
- Preheat grill. Place cilantro, lime juice, agave nectar and salt in a glass bowl or dish and mix to combine.
- Place chicken into bowl and massage mixture and to be sure chicken is evenly coated with marinade and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from glass dish and grill chicken for 4-7 minutes on each side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165'F and is no longer pink. Let meat rest for 5-10 min then cube the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Begin layering burrito bowls. Start with 1 cup of chopped lettuce per bowl. Top with diced cherry tomatoes, 1/3 cup cooked chicken pieces, 1/3 cup cooked sprouted brown rice, 2 tablespoons each of fresh salsa and guacamole, a sprinkle of fresh diced red onions and fresh chopped cilantro.
Notes: You can always use store bought salsa to save time but be sure to check the label and buy one that doesn't have added sugar.
Sprouted grains are easier to digest but you can substitute regular brown rice that is also high in fiber.
- calories: 421
- calories from fat: 86
- cholesterol: 96mg
- dietary fiber: 4.7g
- potassium: 650mg
- protein: 41.6g
- saturated fat: 1.2g
- sodium: 724mg
- sugars: 7.2g
- total carbohydrates: 44.3g
- total fat: 9.6g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?