Chopped Salad in a Jar
Crunchy and healthy, this is an easy, fun and delicious way to get in your vegetables. Make several at a time and you will be ready for a quick and nutritious salad on-the-go throughout the week.
- 1/3 cup broccoli florets
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1/3 cup cucumber, cubed
- 1/2 carrot stick, sliced
- 1/2 celery stalk, sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced grilled chicken
- In a jar layer in each vegetable starting with broccoli as it's very durable.
- Top each jar off with some savory grilled chicken cubes.
- Serve chilled.
- This recipe works beautifully for make ahead. Prepare multiple jars of chopped salad and cover with a tight fitting lid for a healthy go-to throughout the week.
- Choose your salad dressing wisely. Choose a "light" dressing or a oil and vinegar base and read the label to count carbohydrate content. 1-2 tablespoons is all that is needed for this salad.
- Pour dressing in when ready to eat, reattached the lid and shake up your chopped salad to distribute the dressing evening.
Tip: Another tip is to pour 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite dressing into the jar first before adding your vegetables. If you place broccoli or celery in first they will hold up fine to the dressing and then your jar will just need a good shake before you're ready to eat.
- calories: 95
- cholesterol: 27mg
- dietary fiber: 2.8g
- potassium: 433mg
- protein: 11.9g
- sodium: 69mg
- sugars: 4.4g
- total carbohydrates: 9.2g
- total fat: 1.3g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?