Loaded with healthy vegetables, fiber-rich beans and store-bought rotisserie chicken, this soup is a delicious, hearty and easy option for dinner tonight!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup Butternut Squash, Peeled, Seeded, cubed
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 15oz can No Added Salt Diced Tomatoes Diced
- 6 cups water
- 15oz can Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded chicken from Rotisserie chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, add in oil, onion and celery and saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in Butternut squash cubes, zucchini and mushrooms and continue to saute another 3-5 minutes or until veggies are fragrant and tender.
- Add in tomatoes, water, beans, chicken, salt, dried thyme and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Bring to a gentle boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in cooked shredded rotisserie chicken and stir to combine.
- Add in spinach leaves and remove soup from the heat. Stir spinach in so that it wilts.
- Serve soup hot with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of added heat.