Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew
There is nothing like gathering around the table with your family and enjoying a delicious dinner. During the winter, when the sun goes to bed early and the chill sets in, having a nice warm stew warms you right up. This recipe takes a little bit of prep time, and the longer it simmers, the more flavorful it is! Day two leftovers are even more amazing. The lean chicken provides satiating protein, and the carrots and sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamins. Delicious and healthy!
Makes 3 servings
Serving size: 2 1/3 cups
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for chicken and sweet potato stew
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 large carrots, sliced into circles
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ large sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
Directions for chicken and sweet potato stew
- Brown chicken in dutch oven and set aside.
- Saute vegetables and garlic in butter.
- Add chicken back in, with the vegetables, garlic and butter.
- Add spices.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, the longer the better.
- Serve warm.
- calories: 194
- carbohydrate: 15.5g
- fat: 5.2g
- fiber: 3.4g
- potassium: 897mg
- protein: 22.4g
- sodium: 450mg
- sugar: 6.7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?