Chicken Spinach Quesadilla
Fry up a tortilla, add chicken, spinach and cheese for a quick lunch or snack if you are on the run.
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 3 tbs. parmesan cheese
- 1 corn tortilla
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Italian seasoning, to taste
Makes 1 serving
- In a medium sized pan, heat up olive oil and dice uncooked chicken breast.
- Once the oil has heated, add diced chicken to the pan then add Italian seasoning to taste.
- Next, chop the spinach into smaller pieces.
- Once the chicken is cooked, dice it into smaller pieces and set aside.
- In the same pan, add more olive oil, heat it up, then add one tortilla.
- Layer chicken, spinach and cheese on one side of the tortilla. Fold tortilla in half and grill the quesadilla until the cheese melts.
- calories: 186
- cholesterol: 40mg
- dietary fiber: 1.8g
- potassium: 230mg
- protein: 16.9g
- saturated fat: 1.8g
- sodium: 135mg
- total carbohydrates: 11.6g
- total fat: 8.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?