Chicken Kale Salad
Flavor kale by adding chicken, dressing and a small amount of cranberries in this salad.
Makes 1 serving
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2oz can chicken
- 1 tbs. dried cranberries
- 1 tbs. honey mustard dressing
- Remove the kale rib by either cutting the middle out, or by ripping it with your hands. Once the rib is gone from the kale, tear it into smaller bite sized pieces and throw into a bowl.
- On a cutting board using a knife, cut broccoli florets into smaller bite-sized pieces, then add to the bowl.
- Open a can of chicken, use a fork and break up the chicken into smaller pieces then add to the bowl.
- Sprinkle dried cranberries on top of the chicken and kale.
- Add honey mustard to the salad.
Interested in more salad recipes? Check out this Turkey Taco Salad recipe!
- calories: 218
- cholesterol: 51mg
- dietary fiber: 3.6g
- potassium: 735mg
- protein: 21g
- saturated fat: 1.2g
- sodium: 170mg
- sugars: 4.8g
- total carbohydrates: 16.7g
- total fat: 7.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?