Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash Bowls
Smokey sauce, flavorful chicken and nutrient-packed squash, this meal is delicious, full of protein and sure to fill you up!
- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken*
- 2 cups Smokey Homemade Enchilada Sauce (or substitute your favorite low-sodium bottled enchilada sauce)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- Preheat oven to 400'F.
- Rinse spaghetti squash and, using a good sharp knife, slice in half lengthwise. Discard seeds.
- Bake halves, cut side down on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, for 40 min. at 400'F.
- Mix 2 cups of the enchilada sauce with 4 cups of shredded chicken* and stir to combine.
- Once squash halves are tender, remove from oven. Let cool slightly then flip them over.
- Fill squash halves with chicken mixture and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 10 minutes at 400'F until cheese is melted and chicken mixture is heated through.
- Serve hot, topped with fresh cilantro and sliced avocado.
*Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Recipe:
4-5 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 cup water
Cook in Slow Cooker for 6 hours on LOW. Transfer cooked meat to a bowl and shred with two forks.
- calories: 408
- cholesterol: 138mg
- dietary fiber: 3.3g
- potassium: 962mg
- protein: 53.5g
- saturated fat: 2.9g
- sodium: 446mg
- sugars: 3.7g
- total carbohydrates: 19.3g
- total fat: 13.8g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?