Chicken and Cauliflower Mash
In many homes, steak and potatoes are a staple dinner. If you are trying to cut back on red meat and reduce your daily carb intake, this dinner recipe for chicken and cauliflower mash is a great option.
Serving size: 4 oz. piece of chicken and ½ cup of mashed cauliflower
- 1 pound boneless-skinless chicken breast (portioned into 4 oz. pieces)
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Mashed cauliflower (Brand used for this recipe: Trader Joe’s frozen mashed cauliflower)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. shaved parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate chicken in pesto sauce for 4 (or more) hours
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line baking sheet with foil
- Coat chicken in crushed walnut and parmesan cheese mixture
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes
- Prepare mashed cauliflower according to directions on packaging
- Mix in sour cream and shaved parmesan cheese
- Add salt and pepper to taste (optional)
Interested in more low-carb alternatives? Check out Creative and Delicious Low-Carb Substitutes for more ideas!
- calories: 356
- carbohydrates: 6g
- fat: 24g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 31g
- sugars: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?