Chicken Caesar Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing
A light and delicious take on a classic, this salty and crunchy Caesar salad topped with grilled chicken is the perfect light entree for lunch or dinner.
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced into strips
- 9 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6 oz Greek Non Fat Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons Tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 36 almonds, chopped
- fresh cracked pepper
- Prepare chicken in advance or use a precooked rotisserie chicken to save time. Be sure to choose one with limited additives and keep in mind some stores may add sugar that would increase the carbohydrate count for the recipe.
- In a blender, combine, yogurt, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, olive oil, anchovies, tamari, garlic, mustard and lemon juice. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Plate salads with a pile of romaine and chicken slices. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing on each plate and top with additional shredded Parmesan cheese, crunchy almonds and fresh cracked pepper.
Notes: Any remaining dressing can be kept refrigerated in an airtight container.
- calories: 266
- carbohydrates: 8.3g
- cholesterol: 72mg
- dietary fiber: 1.5g
- potassium: 402mg
- protein: 28.2g
- saturated fat: 3.5g
- sodium: 427mg
- sugars: 4.7g
- total fat: 13.5g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you know someone living with kidney cancer?