Cauliflower Mac N Cheese
Cheesy, satisfying and delicious. This dish is a great low-carb alternative to pasta and an easy way to eat more veggies.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Cheese Cream
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Remove stem and any green leaves from cauliflower and cut it into bite size florets.
- In a large pot over medium heat, with about 1 inch of water added to the bottom, add florets and cover to steam them.
- Steam about 6-9 minutes until cauliflower is knife-tender.
- Drain out any remaining water and remove from the heat.
- Add in garlic powder, salt, pepper, almond milk, cream cheese and 1 cup of shredded cheese and stir well to combine.
- Preheat oven to broil at 450'F.
- Spoon the mixture into an 8x8 inch glass baking dish and smooth it with a spatula. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top and broil for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- calories: 114
- calories from fat: 70
- cholesterol: 24mg
- dietary fiber: 1.4g
- potassium: 148mg
- protein: 9.9g
- saturated fat: 4.3g
- sodium: 315mg
- sugars: 1.6g
- total carbohydrates: 3.4g
- total fat: 7.8g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you registered to be a free member of Type2Diabetes.com?