Brussels Sprouts with Shallots & Sundried Tomato
For all of you that thought you HATED Brussel Sprouts, this a recipe that may just change your mind.
Interested in trying more Brussels sprouts recipes? Check out this recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts!
- ¾ pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 4 sundried tomato halves thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove the outer leaves from the sprouts. Cut a shallow cross in the stem end of each sprout. Blanch in sweetened water (water with salt and 2 teaspoons sweetener) for 4 minutes. Immediately shock in iced water. Cut each sprout in half lengthwise. You can stop here and continue the recipe later.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the shallots sundried tomato and garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the Brussels sprouts the salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium high heat until the sprouts start to caramelize. Plate and dust with grated Parmesan cheese.
- For an extra golden color, run under the broiler for just a minute or so.
- calories: 229
- cholesterol: 46mg
- fiber: 6.4g
- potassium: 673mg
- protein: 6.1g
- sodium: 166mg
- total carbohydrates: 16g
- total fat: 17.9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
What are your go-to snacks when managing type 2 diabetes?