Brussels Sprouts with Shallots & Sundried Tomato
For all of you that thought you HATED Brussel Sprouts, this a recipe that may just change your mind.
Interested in trying more Brussels sprouts recipes? Check out this recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts!
- ¾ pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 4 sundried tomato halves thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove the outer leaves from the sprouts. Cut a shallow cross in the stem end of each sprout. Blanch in sweetened water (water with salt and 2 teaspoons sweetener) for 4 minutes. Immediately shock in iced water. Cut each sprout in half lengthwise. You can stop here and continue the recipe later.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the shallots sundried tomato and garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the Brussels sprouts the salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium high heat until the sprouts start to caramelize. Plate and dust with grated Parmesan cheese.
- For an extra golden color, run under the broiler for just a minute or so.
- calories: 229
- cholesterol: 46mg
- fiber: 6.4g
- potassium: 673mg
- protein: 6.1g
- sodium: 166mg
- total carbohydrates: 16g
- total fat: 17.9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?