Brussels Sprouts Burrito Bowl
Swap out traditional rice with Brussels sprouts for this burrito bowl.
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/8 tomato, diced
- 3 tbs. parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- On a cutting board, cut Brussels sprouts in half.
- Next, dice tomato.
- Add Brussels sprouts to a small bowl and microwave for three minutes.
- Add black beans, tomato, lemon and cheese and microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Interested in adding more vegetables, like Brussels sprouts, to your diet? Check out 15 Clever Ways to Eat More Vegetables!
- calories: 105
- cholesterol: 11mg
- dietary fiber: 5.3g
- potassium: 475mg
- protein: 8.9g
- saturated fat: 2.2g
- sodium: 165mg
- sugars: 2.9g
- total carbohydrates: 12.8g
- total fat: 3.6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?