Broccoli Kale Salad with Grilled Chicken
A combination of greens that are loaded with flavor, nutrition and crunch, this salad is great way to add variety to your salad routine. Top with lean grilled chicken breast to elevate this delicious salad from a side dish to a satisfying entree.
- 2 Broccoli Stalks, shredded
- 2 cups Kale leaves, chopped
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts, thinly sliced or chopped
- 2 cups Green Cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup Radicchio, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all natural dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup Light Poppyseed Dressing (2 tablespoons per serving)
- Preheat grill. Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill for 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees and no longer pink.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes then slice at an angle. 1/2 chicken breast per serving.
- Prepare vegetables. Using a grater or spiralizer, shred the broccoli stalks.
- Remove outermost leaves from Brussel Sprouts and thinly slice using a Mandolin or sharp knife.
- Add all greens to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Toss with Light Poppyseed Dressing (2 tablespoons per serving). If planning to save some salad for leftovers leave it without dressing.
- Serve salad topped with grilled chicken strips and a sprinkle of toasted pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries for garnish.
- calories: 297
- calories from fat: 115
- carbohydrates: 21.4g
- cholesterol: 62mg
- dietary fiber: 3.6g
- potassium: 576mg
- protein: 23.9
- saturated fat: 2.7g
- sodium: 339mg
- sugars: 12.0g
- total fat: 12.8g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?