Beet Spinach Salad
The soft beet base adds a contrast to the crunch provided by the spinach. As this salad only has 3 ingredients, it's very easy to make in the morning and take to work. The prep time is only 5 minutes if you are using beets that have already been cooked and prepped.
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for beet spinach salad
- 1 small beet
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 tbsp shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
Directions for beet spinach salad
- Bring a medium sized sauce pan filled with water up to boiling.
- Add the beet and simmer for 30 minutes, until soft.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove skin from beet.
- Slice beet into thin slices and line the bottom of a dish.
- Pile spinach on top, then add parmesan cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- calories: 115
- carbohydrate: 14g
- cholesterol: 2mg
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 5g
- potassium: 172mg
- protein: 4g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 175mg
- sugar: 9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?