Beet Cheese Turnovers
These delicate appetizers are packed with flavor from the blue cheese. The beets can stain fingers so I would suggest serving with dainty forks or toothpicks.
Makes 2 servings
Serving size: 2 turnovers
Prep time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for beet cheese turnovers
- 1/4 beet
- 4 tsp crumbled blue cheese
Directions for beet cheese turnovers
- Fill a medium sized pan with water and bring to a boil.
- Add beet and simmer for 30 minutes until soft.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel skin from beet.
- Cut thin slices of beet, enough to to fold in half.
- Carefully fold beets in half, then add 1 tsp. of blue cheese to each turnover.
- calories: 24
- carbohydrate: 2g
- cholesterol: 4mg
- fat: 1g
- fiber: 1g
- potassium: 12mg
- protein: 1g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 79mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?