Beef Lettuce Wraps with Yogurt Mint Sauce
So light and delicious, these lettuce wraps are the perfect combination of savory beef and tangy yogurt sauce.
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 1/4 pounds ground Beef 85% lean
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 16 Bibb lettuce leaves (or Boston or outer leaves of Romaine)
- 1 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Carefully grate yellow summer squash, using a cheese grater. Squeeze excess liquid from grated squash and set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat brown the beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. When meat is nearly cooked, add in the grated squash and continue cooking until beef is no longer pink and squash is tender.
- Add in cumin, garlic powder and salt and cook 2 minutes more, stirring often, until spices become fragrant.
- Remove meat from the heat, cover and keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, lemon juice and chopped mint leaves and stir to combine.
- Begin to assemble wraps. Sprinkle seasoned ground beef mixture into each lettuce leaf. Top with a spoonful of mint yogurt sauce and a drizzle of hot sauce if desired.
Interested in more lettuce wraps recipe? Check out this article for more recipe ideas!
Serves 8 (Serving size = 2 lettuce wraps)
- calories: 146
- calories from fat: 76
- cholesterol: 40mg
- dietary fiber: 0.6g
- potassium: 307mg
- protein: 16.5g
- saturated fat: 4.5g
- sodium: 181mg
- sugars: 0.9g
- total carbohydrates: 2.9g
- total fat: 8.4g
- trans fat: 0.3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you have high blood pressure?