Balsamic Roasted Cabbage
When people think of cabbage they may think of tasty slaws or a simple sauté. But roasted is absolutely delicious, especially with the sweet and savory flavor of balsamic vinegar. Including cabbage in your diet can help prevent certain types of cancer and promote heart health. Plus it provides bulk and fiber to help you feel full and satisfied with your meal.
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: 1
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for balsamic roasted cabbage
- ½ small head of red cabbage (~ 1lb)
- ½ small head of green cabbage (~1lb)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
Directions for balsamic roasted cabbage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the cabbage halves in 1-inch thick rounds (“steaks”), including the core to keep them together.
- Line a large baking tray with a silicone baking mat or aluminum foil. Place cabbage slices in a single layer on the tray. Drizzle with olive oil and then drizzle balsamic vinegar across all of the slices.
- Lightly sprinkle sea salt and ground black pepper on top.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until tops are caramelized and the cabbage is tender.
- calories: 120
- carbohydrate: 13g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 7g
- fiber: 4g
- protein: 2g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 40mg
- sugar: 8g
Disclaimer: Type 2 Diabetes cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?