Balsamic Glazed Green Beans and Mushrooms
Crisp and flavorful green beans with hearty mushrooms and sweet shallots make the perfect side dish. Try these in place of heavier casserole beans.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 1/3 cup shallot, thinly sliced (about 2 small or 1 large)
- 1 pound green beans, stems trimmed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- season to taste with salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add avocado oil, mushrooms and shallots and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in trimmed green beans and water and saute for 10-12 minutes more until beans are crisp-tender.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in balsamic vinegar. Rub the dried thyme between your palms to release the oils and stir into green beans. Toss to coat then remove from the heat.
- Using tongs, transfer beans to a platter then pour mushrooms and shallot mixture over the top and serve.
Per serving (serves 6)
- calories: 50
- cholesterol: 1mg
- fiber: 3.2g
- potassium: 388mg
- protein: 3.0g
- sodium: 33mg
- sugars: 1.8g
- total carbohydrates: 9.0g
- total fat: 0.9g
- trans fat: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
How stressed out do you feel today?