Baked Zucchini Tacos
Ingredients for baked zucchini tacos
- 2 zucchini, sliced thinly lengthwise into 10 total pieces
- ½ pound ground turkey
- 1 small shallot, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions for baked zucchini tacos
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Sautee peppers and shallots until soft and fragrant.
- Add in ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Meanwhile, heat zucchini in a flat pan, flipping occasionally until soft, slightly browned and flexible.
- Add spices to meat and continue to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Place zucchini on a flat surface.
- Add 1.5 tbsp meat mixture to each zucchini slice.
- Roll and place into baking dish.
- Cover with shredded cheese and place into oven.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Makes 10 zucchini tacos.
- calories: 273
- carbohydrates: 10.5g
- fat: 13.4g
- fiber: 3.3g
- potassium: 870mg
- protein: 29g
- sodium: 772mg
- sugar: 6.7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?