Baked Zucchini Pizzas
Bring back family pizza night! Although it isn’t the true thick, buttery crust you may be hoping for, these zucchini pizzas are a fun and quick way to enjoy a favorite dinner. The best part is that everyone can add their favorite toppings!
Interested in more low carb pizza ideas? Check out this recipe for low carb pizza
Serving size is 1 slice of zucchini pizza
- 1-2 large zucchini, top and bottom removed and cut lengthwise into ¼ in thick pieces
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza or tomato sauce
- Toppings such as peppers (1 tbsp), mushrooms (1 tbsp), pepperoni (1 ounce)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Take zucchini, slice off top and bottom and cut lengthwise into ¼ in thick pieces
- Place 1 tbsp pizza sauce across length of zucchini
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp Mozzarella cheese on top
- Add toppings
- Place on cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and zucchini is softened
Note: A range of nutritional information has been provided based on the toppings used.
- calories: 42.5 - 100.5
- carbohydrates: 5.25g - 5.35g
- fat: 2g - 7g
- fiber: 0.6g - 1g
- protein: 2.6g - 7.6g
- sugar: 0.75g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you know someone living with kidney cancer?