Trade a bun with a bell pepper for this Sloppy Joe Recipe.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp powdered sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese
- 1 oz. raw lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
Makes 1 serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cut the bell pepper in half and take out the inside with the seeds.
- On a medium sized pan, fry ground beef in olive oil until cooked, about 10-15 minutes. Add sloppy joe mix to season.
- Add cooked ground beef in the two bell pepper halves.
- Top each bell pepper with cheese.
- Place filled bell peppers into the oven on a baking sheet lined with tin foil for 15 minutes. The cheese should be melted and the bell pepper soft to the touch.