Baked Polenta with Vegetable Ragu
Crisp yet creamy polenta is a delicious base for this savory vegetable ragu. And a small amount of chicken sausage goes a long way in adding flavor.
- 18 ounce Polenta log
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cups no sugar added Marinara
- 4 links precooked Chicken Sausage, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice polenta into 12 slices about 1/2 inch thickness. Place slices on baking sheet.
- Slice peeled eggplant into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Bake polenta and eggplant on two separate baking sheets in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping at least once, until polenta is golden with a slight crust and eggplant is golden and tender.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat add oil, mushrooms, zucchini and sausage and saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli to pan and continue to cook. Add in about 1/2 cup of marinara and 1/4 cup of water and cover pan for another 2-3 minutes until vegetables are tender but still green.
- remove eggplant and polenta from the oven. To serve place 2 slices of polenta on each plate. Top with 2 slices of eggplant and a heaping scoop of ragu. Season to taste, top with additional spoonful of sauce and serve hot.
- calories: 179
- calories from fat: 29
- cholesterol: 22mg
- dietary fiber: 5.2g
- potassium: 595mg
- protein: 11.9g
- saturated fat: 2.7g
- sodium: 601mg
- sugars: 6.4g
- total carbohydrates: 26.4g
- total fat: 3.2g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?