Baked Chicken Fajitas
This dish is packed with savory fajita flavors and is high in protein, all with the ease of baking in the oven. Easy and delicious, the perfect combination for dinner any night of the week.
Did you know protein can help with weight management? Check out this article to learn more!
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional for heat)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375'F.
- In a glass 13x9 baking dish combine bell pepper strips, onion strips, minced garlic and chicken strips.
- In a small dish combine cumin, paprika, chili powder, cayenne (if using), sugar, salt, cornstarch and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle seasonings over chicken and vegetables and using tongs, toss to coat.
- Drizzle oil over chicken and vegetables.
- Bake at 375'F for 40-45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Using tongs, turn over vegetables and chicken once or twice during cooking.
- Serve in warm corn tortillas with cilantro and lime juice for garnish.
Serves 6 (2 fajitas each)
- calories: 306
- calories from fat: 67
- carbohydrates: 32g
- cholesterol: 74mg
- dietary fiber: 5.5g
- potassium: 294mg
- protein: 28.9g
- saturated fat: 1.3g
- sodium: 469mg
- sugars: 6.1g
- total fat: 7.5g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?