Baked Cauliflower Tacos
These baked cauliflower tacos take some prep time, about an hour. However, once they are made, the taco assembly portion is very quick. Do not leave these to make at the very last minute, have the baked cauliflower done so by the time you are ready to serve them, you can simply combine all of the ingredients to make your tacos.
Makes 8 servings
Serving size: 1 taco
Prep time: 1 hour
Ingredients for baked cauliflower tacos
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cups water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 tsp BBQ sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions for baked cauliflower tacos
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, milk, water and seasoning and mix together until you have a batter consistency.
- On a cutting board, cut cauliflower into florets.
- Dip the florets into the batter then coat with panko.
- Line the baking sheets with parchment paper, place florets onto the sheets and bake for 45 minutes.
- Prep the taco fillings by chopping the romaine lettuce and cherry tomatoes and placing the carrots into serving bowls.
- Fill each taco with cauliflower, lettuce, tomato carrots and then drizzle with BBQ sauce.
- calories: 82
- carbohydrate: 13g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 2g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 108mg
- protein: 3g
- sodium: 55mg
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?