Avocados often receive high praise for their nutrient density, most notably for being an excellent source of monounsaturated fat and dietary fiber. This recipe for avocado boats makes a great lunch. The fiber, fat, and protein in this dish will help keep you feeling satisfied.
- ½ avocado, cubed (keep ½ avocado shell)
- 2 oz. shrimp, cooked and deveined
- ¼ c. orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp. mango salsa
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Combine avocado, shrimp, bell pepper, and mango salsa in a small mixing bowl
- Stir in lime juice
- Add in salt and pepper
- Scoop mixture into avocado shell
Interested in more recipes with avocado? Check out this delicious Avocado Summer Salad recipe!
- calories: 226
- carbohydrates: 14g
- fat: 14g
- fiber: 7g
- protein: 14g
- sugars: 5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you have high blood pressure?