This hummus uses lemony artichoke hearts instead of the standard chick peas, for a delicious new twist on an old favorite. For a real crowd-pleaser the next time you're entertaining, serve this up with a variety of fresh crunchy veggies.
- 12 oz can artichoke hearts, reserve liquid
- ½ cup Organic Tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon if juicy)
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup reserved liquid from canned artichokes
- In a blender or food processor combine drained artichoke hearts, Tahini, fresh lemon juice, 1 garlic clove and 2 tablespoons of the reserved liquid from the canned artichokes.
- Blend to combine. Add in another 1-2 tablespoons of artichoke liquid until it reaches your desired consistency. Season to taste.
- Serve with fresh veggies for a tasty crunch with your savory dip.
- Tips/Notes: Tahini is simply sesame seed paste and has a mild "nutty" flavor. It is similar in consistency to natural peanut butter. It can be found on the Health Foods or Ethnic aisle of the supermarket.
Per 1/4 cup serving (serves 6)
- calories: 148
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 4.9g
- potassium: 301mg
- protein: 5.3g
- saturated fat: 1.6g
- sodium: 349mg
- sugars: 0.8g
- total carbohydrates: 10.5g
- total fat: 10.9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
How stressed out do you feel today?