5 Minute Sardines
Sardines make for the perfect little snack or add them to a salad or serve with a side of vegetables and enjoy their unique taste!
Any mix of fresh herbs will lift the flavor of the sardines so use what you have on hand. The nutrition facts may vary slightly depending on what herbs are used and in calculating this recipe I used what I had available in my backyard (rosemary, parsley and chives) and it tasted delicious!
- 6 fresh sardine fillets or whole sardines
- ½ cup fresh mixed herbs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Pre-heat a skillet over a high-medium heat
- Roughly chop the herbs and toss them in a bowl with the sardines and olive oil
- Place the herb coated sardines in the skillet and cook for a minute or so on each side until cooked through
- Remove from the pan and squeeze over the lemon juice and enjoy!
- calories: 153
- carbohydrates: 0.4g
- cholesterol: 130mg
- fiber: 0.65g
- potassium: 268.15mg
- protein: 12.5g
- saturated fat: 2.2g
- sodium: 417.05mg
- sugars: 0.4g
- total fat: Photograph by Hannah Noonan. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?