This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Tomato Facts - Interesting Facts about Tomatoes. Vegetable Facts Web site. http://www.vegetablefacts.net/vegetable-facts/tomato-facts/. Accessed June 18, 2018. 2.) Burton-Freeman B, Reimers K. Tomato Consumption and Health: Emerging Benefits. American Journal Of Lifestyle Medicine. 2010: 1-10. DOI: 10.1177/1559827610387488.
- Bajaj S, Khan A. Antioxidants and diabetes. Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2012;16(Suppl 2):S267-S271. doi:10.4103/2230-8210.104057.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid). WedMD Website. https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1001/vitamin-c-ascorbic-acid. Published 2009. Accessed June 18, 2018.
- Vitamin A Fact Sheet for Health Professionals. National Institutes of Health Web site. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminA-HealthProfessional/. Published March 2, 2018. Accessed June 18, 2018.
- Everything you need to know about potassium. Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/287212.php. Published January 10, 2018. Accessed June 18, 2018.