Red Meat – Should You Avoid It?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Nogrady B. Higher intake of red meat link to insulin resistance. Clinical Endocrinology News. April 2018: 12-13.
- Bronzato S, Durante A. A Contemporary Review of the Relationship between Red Meat Consumption and Cardiovascular Risk. International Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2017; 8:40. doi:10.4103/ijpvm.IJPVM_206_16.
- Q&A on the carcinogenicity of the consumption of red meat and processed meat. World Health Organization Web site. http://www.who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/. Published October 2015. Accessed June 10, 2018.
- IARC Monographs evaluate consumption of red meat and processed meat. World Health Organization Web site. https://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2015/pdfs/pr240_E.pdf. Published October 26, 2015. Accessed June 10, 2018.
- Recommendation on Red and Processed Meat. American Institute for Cancer Research Web site. http://www.aicr.org/learn-more-about-cancer/infographics/recommendation-on-red-and-processed-meat.html. Accessed June 10, 2018.