Not Buying into Misguided Claims
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- What is the meaning of 'natural' on the label of food?. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Published September 28, 2015.
- CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21. U.S. Government Publishing Office. Published September 30, 2015.
- Guidance for Industry: A Food Labeling Guide (10. Appendix B: Additional Requirements for Nutrient Content Claims). U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Published January 2013.
- Farm Animal Welfare: An Assessment of Product Labeling Claims, Industry Quality Assurance Guidelines and Third Party Certification Standards. U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Meat and Poultry Labeling Terms. United States Department of Agriculture. Published August 10, 2015.
- USDA Grass Fed Program For Small And Very Small Producers FAQ. United States Department of Agriculture. Published September 2014.