How Health Claims Can Lead to Unhealthy Choices
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Hasler CM. Health claims in the United States: an aid to the public or a source of confusion?. J Nutr. 2008;138(6):1216S-20S.
- Food Labels: Nutrient Content Claims.
- Anderson J, Young L, & Perryman S. Understanding the Food Label. Colorado State University Extension. Published December 2010.
- Food Labeling Guide. The Food & Drug Administration.
- Guidance for Industry: A Food Labeling Guide (11. Appendix C: Health Claims). The Food & Drug Administration. Published January 2013.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Sodium. American Heart Association. Published November 11, 2014.
- What Are the Risk Factors for Heart Disease?. National Heart, Blood, and Lung Institute. Published July 10, 2014.
- Kashi Heart To Heart Instant Oatmeal, Apple Cinnamon. Drugstore.com.
- Added Sugars. American Heart Association. Published November 19, 2014.