Holy Moly Whole Grains!
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- What’s a Whole Grain? What’s A Refined Grain? Whole Grains Counsel.https://wholegrainscouncil.org/whole-grains-101/whats-whole-grain-refined-grain. Accessed December 29, 2017.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020 Eight Edition. S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Agriculture. https://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/resources/2015-2020_Dietary_Guidelines.pdf. Published December 2015. Accessed December 29, 2017.
- All About the Grains Group. USDA ChooseMyPlate.Gov. https://www.choosemyplate.gov/grains. Published November 3, 2017. Accessed December 29, 2017.
- American Diabetes Association. Lifestyle management. Sec. 4. In Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes- 2017. Diabetes Care 2017; 40(Supp. 1): S33–S43.
- Aune D, Norat T, Romundstad P, Vatten L. Whole grain and refined grain consumption and the risk of type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and dose–response meta-analysis of cohort studies. Eur J Epidemiol. 2013; 28(11):845-858. doi:1007/s10654-013-9852-5.
- Cho SS, Qi L, Fahey GC Jr, Klurfeld DM. Consumption of cereal fiber, mixtures of whole grains and bran, and whole grains and risk reduction in type 2 diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular disease. Am J Clin Nutr.2013; 98(2):594-619. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.113.067629.
- 10 Tips: Make Half Your Grains Whole Grains. USDA ChooseMyPlate.Gov. https://www.choosemyplate.gov/10-tips-make-half-your-grains-whole-grains-0. Published July 25, 2017. Accessed December 29, 2017.