Fiber Fun: Five Filling & Easy Snacks
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Robert E. Post, MD, MS, Arch G. Mainous III, PhD, Dana E. King, MD, MS, and Kit N. Simpson, DrPH Dietary Fiber for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Meta-Analysis (J Am Board Fam Med 2012;25:16–23.)
- Ma Y, Griffith JA, Chasan-Taber L, et al. Association between dietary fiber and serum c-reactive protein. Am J Nutr. 2006 April; 83(4): 760-766 [Discussions Section paragraph 3]
- Hornick, B., Liska, D., Dolven, C., Wrick, K., (2011). The Fiber Deficit, Part 1: Whole Grain Contributions to Health and Fiber Intakes. Nutrition Today. 46(6) 293 – 298 (paragraph 13)
- Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs): Recommended Dietary Allowances and Adequate Intakes, Total Water and Macronutrients. United States Department of Agriculture: National Agricultural Library Website. Updated 2010. Accessed January 26, 2015. [page 5]
- Clemens R, Kranz S, Mobley AR, et al. Filling America’s fiber intake gap: summary of a roundtable to probe realistic solutions with a focus on grain-based foods. Journal of Nutrition. 2012 Jul;142(7):1390S-401S.