Easy Rules to Follow When Choosing Foods with Fat
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- The 2015 US Dietary Guidelines: Lifting the Ban on Total Dietary Fat. JAMA. 2015;313(24):2421-2422. doi:10.1001/jama.2015.5941.
- Storrs C. Fat is back: New guidelines give vilified nutrient a reprieve. CNN. Published June 23, 2015.
- Mayo Clinic Staff. Dietary fats: Know which types to choose. Mayo Clinic. Published August 7, 2014.
- Simopoulos A. The omega-6/omega-3 fatty acid ratio, genetic variation, and cardiovascular disease. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 2008;17 (S1):131-134.
- FDA Cuts Trans Fat in Processed Foods. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Published June 16, 2015.
- Cardiovascular Disease & Diabetes. American Heart Association. Published July 5, 2012.
- De souza RJ, Mente A, Maroleanu A, et al. Intake of saturated and trans unsaturated fatty acids and risk of all cause mortality, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes: systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. BMJ. 2015;351:h3978.