5 Tasty Foods That Help You Lose Weight
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Isaksson H, et.al. High-fiber rye diet increases ileal excretion of energy and macronutrients compared with low-fiber wheat diet independent of meal frequency in ileostomy subjects. Food & Nutrition Research. 2013;57:18519.
- Wien, M., Haddad, E. and Sabaté, J. 2011. Effect of incorporating avocado in meals on satiety in healthy overweight adults. Nutrition Journal.2013;12:155.
- Drehera ML. Davenport AJ. Hass Avocado Composition and Potential Health Effects. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 2013;53,7
- Ros E. Health Benefits of Nut Consumption. Nutrients. 2010; 2:652-682.
- Tan SY, Mattes RD. Appetitive, dietary and health effects of almonds consumed with meals or as snacks: a randomized, controlled trial. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2013;67:1205–1214.
- Phillips K, Ruggio D, Exler J, and Patterson KY. Sterol composition of shellfish species commonly consumed in the United States. Food and Nutrition Research. Epub 2012; 56
- Good source >10%; AI for Omega 3 1.1-1.6g for adults; Scallops provide .3g per 3oz serving. AI information available from: http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/othernuts/omega3fa/
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch:http://www.seafoodwatch.org/cr/SeafoodWatch/web/sfw_factsheet.aspx?fid=41
- Rosqvist F, et.al. Overfeeding Polyunsaturated and Saturated Fat Causes Distinct Effects on Liver and Visceral Fat Accumulation in Humans. Diabetes. Epub Feb 2014;1939-327X.