How To Stop Hypertension Before it Starts
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Drukteinis JS, Roman MJ, Fabsitz RR, et al. Cardiac and systemic hemodynamic characteristics of hypertension and prehypertension in adolescents and young adults. The Strong Heart Study. Circulation 2007; DOI: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.106.668921. Available at: http://circ.ahajournals.org. 17210838
- Prehypertension and the Cardiometabolic Syndrome Pathological and Clinical Consequences Daniel Duprez, Aigerim Toleuova Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2013;11(12):1725-1733.
- Centers for disease control. Blood pressure facts. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/facts.htm
- PZhang Y, Lee ET, Devereux RB et al. Prehypertension, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease risk in a population-based sample: the strong heart study. Hypertension. 47, 410–414 (2006)
- Halvorsen B.L., Carlsen M.H. and Phillips. K.M. et al. Content of redox-active compounds (ie, antioxidants) in foods consumed in the United States. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2006; 84:95-135
- Cramer, Heidemarie Haller, Romy Lauche, Nico Steckhan, Andreas Michalsen, Gustav Dobos, Holger. A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Yoga for Hypertension. American Journal of Hypertension, 2014. http://ajh.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2014/05/01/ajh.hpu078.abstract?sid=1fc16db9-89ac-40bc-b04b-e7b8cfb344b5
- Appel LJ, Sachs FM, Carey VJ et al. Effects of protein, monounsaturated fat, and carbohydrate intake on blood pressure and serum lipids: results of the Omni Heart randomized trial. JAMA. 2005; 294, 2455–2464.