Should You Try Yoga?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Colberg S et al. Physical Activity/Exercise and Diabetes: A position statement of the American Diabetes Association. Diabetes Care 2016 Nov; 39(11): 2065-2079.
- Cefalu W. Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes-2017. Diabetes Care. 2017;40(Suppl. 1): S33–S43.
- Chimkode S, Kumaran S, Kanhere V, Shivanna R. Effect of Yoga on Blood Glucose Levels in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2015 Apr, Vol-9(4): CC01-CC03.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Yoga: In Depth 2016. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/yoga/introduction.htm. Accessed July 12, 2017.
- American Academy of Diabetes Educators. AADE7 Self-Care Behaviors 2017. https://www.diabeteseducator.org/patient-resources/aade7-self-care-behaviors. Accessed July 12, 2017.