Help! I Can’t Afford My Medication!
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Almost 1 in 10 American Can’t Afford Medications Says CDC. Renal and Urology News Website. http://www.renalandurologynews.com/news/cdc-americans-can-not-afford-medications-eight-percent/article/395374/. Published February 4, 2015. Accessed November 18, 2017.
- Prescription Drugs. Medicaid.gov Website. https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/prescription-drugs/index.html. Accessed November 18, 2017.
- Meece J. 10 Tips to Help Patients Afford Their Medications. AADE In Practice. 2017; 5(3): 38-44.
- My pharmacist says he needs "prior authorization" -- what's that all about? Consumer Affairs Website. https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/my-pharmacist-says-he-needs-prior-authorization-whats-that-all-about-040615.html Published April 6, 2015. Accessed November 18. 2017.
- Parkin C, Meece J. Forced Non-Medical Switching: Help Your Patients Know Their Rights. AADE In Practice. 2017; 5(6):16-21.