Glucose Monitoring: Progress Throughout the Years
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Kirchhof M, Popat N, Malowany J. A Historical Perspective of the Diagnosis of Diabetes. UWOMJ. 2008; 78(1): 7-11. http://www.uwomj.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/v78n1.7-11.pdf. Accessed October 31, 2018.
- Freestyle. Testing Your Glucose: A look Back Through Time. 2016. https://freestylediabetes.co.uk/freestyle-thinking/post/a-look-back-through-time . Accessed October 31, 2018.
- Clarke S, Foster J. A history of blood glucose meters and their role in self-monitoring of diabetes. British Journal of Biomedical Science. 2012; 69 (2): 83-93. http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.468.2196&rep=rep1&type=pdf. Accessed October 31, 2018.
- Medtronic. Innovation Milestones. https://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/about-medtronic-innovation/milestone-timeline. Accessed October 31, 2018.
- Dexcom. About Dexcom. https://www.dexcom.com/about-dexcom. Accessed October 31, 2018.