Rise and Shine! Reasons to Exercise Before Breakfast
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Ratey J. Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain. Little, Brown and Company; Reprint edition (January 1, 2013)
- Make Your Body Work. 7 Benefits of Morning Exercise, Plus 5 Tricks To Actually Love It (even if you hate mornings!). https://makeyourbodywork.com/benefits-of-morning-exercise/. Accessed December 7, 2018.
- Yardly J, Coldberg S. Update on Management of Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes in Athletes. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2017; 6(1): 38-44.
- Achten J, Jeukendrup A. Optimizing fat oxidation through exercise and diet. Nutrition. 2004; 20(7-8): 716-27.
- Reader’s Digest. 5 Reasons a Morning Workout Can Make Your Whole Day Better. https://www.rd.com/health/fitness/morning-workout-benefits/. Accessed December 8, 2018.