Under Dosing Insulin to Cut Costs
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Teare, K. One in four patients say they’ve skimped on insulin because of high cost. Available at: https://news.yale.edu/2018/12/03/one-four-patients-say-theyve-skimped-insulin-because-high-cost?utm_source=YNemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=yn-12-03-18. Accessed 12.5.18.
- Stand Up for Affordable Insulin. American Diabetes Association. Available at: https://makeinsulinaffordable.org/. Accessed 12.5.18.
- Sable-Smith, B. Insulin’s High Cost Leads To Lethal Rationing. Available at: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/09/01/641615877/insulins-high-cost-leads-to-lethal-rationing. Accessed 12.5.18.
- Gordon, S. High costs has over 1 in 4 diabetics cutting back on insulin. Available at: https://consumer.healthday.com/diabetes-information-10/insulin-news-414/high-cost-has-over-1-in-4-diabetics-cutting-back-on-insulin-740214.html. Accessed 12.5.18.
- Rangel, C. Mom opens up about daughter's death as report finds patients skip insulin due to high cost. Available at: https://www.wkbw.com/news/health/mom-opens-up-about-daughters-death-as-report-finds-patients-skip-insulin-due-to-high-cost. Accessed 12.5.18.
- Tridgell, D. Insulin is too expensive for many of my patients. It doesn’t have to be. Available at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/insulin-is-too-expensive-for-many-of-my-patients-it-doesnt-have-to-be/2017/06/22/c5091c42-56cf-11e7-a204-ad706461fa4f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c775cb675e67. Accessed 12.5.18
- Tucker, M. Quarter of Insulin Users Skimp Because of Cost: Study Published. Available at: https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/905870. Accessed 12.5.18.